Dean Close welcomes new children into the Pre-Preparatory, Preparatory and Senior schools at various different ages and times throughout the year, subject to places being available. Whilst the majority of children join the School at the beginning of the academic year, it is still possible to join mid-term and mid-year if circumstances require.
We appreciate that the Admissions process can seem quite daunting, and so here at Dean Close, we have a very experienced and friendly Admissions Team who are here to offer continual advice and guide you through the whole process. We are here to help all families – whether relocating to the local area, moving overseas for employment (such as in the oil industry or military postings) or international families wishing their child to attend schooling in the UK.
Each of the three Dean Close schools has their own dedicated Admissions Team who are available on weekdays from 9am to 5pm and on some Saturdays from 9am until 12.30pm.There is always a member of the team available throughout the School holidays, excluding public holidays.
CONTACT DETAILS FOR EACH ADMISSIONS TEAM
Direct Line: 01242 258079
Rebecca Chaplin, Head of Admissions
Rhian Hayes, Registrar
Direct Line: 01242 258001
Charlie Heffernan, Head of Admissions
Kelly Serjeant, Registrar
Hannah Preedy, Admissions Coordinator
Direct Line: 01242 258044
THE ADMISSIONS PROCESS
The Admissions Teams are able to help you in the following ways:
- Answering your initial questions when you contact the School, either by phone or email.
- Sending you a prospectus or other relevant brochures
- Organising a bespoke visit (Monday to Saturday)
- Registering your attendance at an Open Morning
- Organising a ‘Taster day’ for your child
- Talking you through the registration process
- Talking you through the Scholarship process and Bursary process, if appropriate.
- Conducting your child’s entry tests in our offices, in a sensitive and supportive way or, if necessary, sending the entry tests out to your child’s School.
- Conducting Skype interviews with children where necessary
- Sending out letters offering your child a place at the School
- Providing you with all the joining literature
- Providing details of uniform and how it can be purchased
- Finally, welcoming you and your child on your first day at Dean Close.
Next steps…To make an enquiry contact the Admissions Team Registrars –
Tel: 01242 258079