Highlights of the Week
- The English Department trip to see the Duchess of Malfi provided a fantastic opportunity to see their set text brought to life.
- The Boarders enjoyed their Paintballing outing on Sunday.
- We have been celebrating Science Week with a range of talks, experiments and conversations, which have stimulated our curiosity.
- The Whole School Lecture by Chadden Hunter was enjoyed by everyone. His animated talk, with stunning photographs and tales of his adventures captivated the audience.
- The Bowden Society Science Dinner hosted Dr Susanna Bidgood,
- The 6th Form Classicists broadened their knowledge of Greek Tragedy ‘Euripides and Sophocles’ at the Classical Association lecture.
- There have been a number of National Cup matches this week for both the boys and the girls. The U16 girls were knocked out of the competition but the U16 and U18 boys both recorded good wins to maintain momentum in this tough competition.
- We wish the U14 Girls’ Netball team the best of luck as they depart for the Regional School Finals in Dorset.
National Citizenship Opportunity: The 5th Form will be having an assembly on Thursday morning from the National Citizenship team. Please click here to read more about this fantastic opportunity and do please engage with your child on whether they might like to be part of this in the Summer holidays.
Advice on Social Media: Please follow this link to access some useful information for parents on social media apps.
Tuesday 28 January
We will be holding a Bake Sale next Tuesday in aid of the WWF Bushfire Emergency. This is a pupil led initiative and we would be delighted for members of the community to contribute to this worthwhile cause. Please remember that all products MUST BE NUT and SESAME FREE!
You are warmly invited to view this exhibition which runs until Saturday 8 February featuring the work of Head of Art, Caroline Evans.
For the full story click here: https://www.deanclose.org.uk/serendipity-by-caroline-evans/
Charity Dinner – POSTPONED
Breast Cancer Now
Thursday 30 January
Unfortunately, the Pink Dinner has had to be postponed. Details on the new date will be circulated when they are available. We apologise to all those who had booked tables and set aside the date in your diaries.
Sunday 9 February
We do hope you will want to come to the Spring Concert in the Pittville Pump Room. In the first instance, priority for tickets will be given to parents and siblings of performers and to staff; booking will be opened up to the wider Dean Close community from 27 January. The groups who will be performing are the Orchestra, Sinfonia, Chamber Choir, Chapel Choir (as part of Choral Society) and there will be a couple of smaller chamber groups.
If you would like tickets, please email Sylvia Klemz (email@example.com) indicating how many seats you would like and stating your son/daughter’s name and House. [NB Performers don’t need tickets.] If you need a wheelchair space or have other access requirements, it would be helpful if you could include this information in your email, please.
The bar will be open at the Pump Room from 6.15pm and during the interval if you would like to purchase refreshments. In addition, complimentary tea and coffee will be served during the interval. The concert will start at 7.00pm and will finish at approximately 9.15pm. There will be a retiring collection for charity.
Thursday 19 March, 5.30pm
The music at this service will be led by Chapel Choir alongside the boy choristers and men of Tewkesbury Abbey Schola Cantorum. Evensong will end at approximately 6.15pm. Parents and other supporters are most welcome to join us for this service.
Easter Revision Course 2020
Our ERC 2020 dates are: Wednesday 15 April – Sunday 19 April (with residential students arriving on the evening of Tuesday 14th April).
This year the course dates will enable our Dean Close Boarders to attend and stay an extra night, at no extra charge, ready for the start of the new school term starting on Tuesday 21 April.
Places are available on a residential or non-residential basis and as always, we are offering this course to A Level and GCSE students.
We are open to taking bookings for our 2020 course. For further information, please visit the website: www.deanclose.org.uk/courses or contact Lydia Day by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 01242 267431.
The Week Ahead
CLICK HERE to access the Live Website Calendar.
For those parents who are wanting to upload the School Calendar to smart phones, google calendar or similar, you are able to use the following URL:
If you have any queries or comments, please contact email@example.com.