Highlights of the Week
- The U14 Girls’ Netball squad played superbly at the Regional finals last weekend and narrowly missed out on progressing to the next stage of the tournament.
- Lent Addresses this week provided a fantastic opportunity for conversation, reflection, laughter and fun.
- Drama pupils enjoyed a trip to Doctor Faustus at the Blake Theatre in Monmouth.
- The Bake Sale in aid of the WWF Australian Fund organised by the pupils was a great success.
- The U18 Girls’ Hockey team beat Clifton College 4-1 on Wednesday and remain on track to qualify for the National Finals.
- L6 Psychology pupils attended a Criminology Conference.
- Pupils travelled to King’s Taunton to take part in their first ever Philosothon!
- 5th Form pupils have had individual interviews with the Headmaster to review their performance in their trial exams.
- The Boys’ U14 hockey team beat Cheltenham College 7-0 on Thursday to retain the County Cup and qualify for the West Prelims.
- We are delighted that our new email system is working, but do please continue to be patient with us while we familiarise ourselves with the new platform.
Sunday 9 February
We do hope you will want to come to the Spring Concert in the Pittville Pump Room. In the first instance, priority for tickets will be given to parents and siblings of performers and to staff; but booking is now open to the wider Dean Close community. The groups who will be performing are the Orchestra, Sinfonia, Chamber Choir, Chapel Choir (as part of Choral Society) and there will be a couple of smaller chamber groups.
If you would like tickets, please email Sylvia Klemz (email@example.com) indicating how many seats you would like and stating your son/daughter’s name and House. [NB Performers don’t need tickets.] If you need a wheelchair space or have other access requirements, it would be helpful if you could include this information in your email, please.
If you requested tickets during the last two weeks and are still waiting for them, please resend your email to firstname.lastname@example.org as it has not been received, or please telephone 01242 258000 ext 272.
The bar will be open at the Pump Room from 6.15pm and during the interval if you would like to purchase refreshments. In addition, complimentary tea and coffee will be served during the interval. The concert will start at 7.00pm and will finish at approximately 9.15pm. There will be a retiring collection for charity.
Thursday 19 March, 5.30pm
The music at this service will be led by Chapel Choir alongside the boy choristers and men of Tewkesbury Abbey Schola Cantorum. Evensong will end at approximately 6.15pm. Parents and other supporters are most welcome to join us for this service.
Easter Revision Course 2020
Our ERC 2020 dates are: Wednesday 15 April – Sunday 19 April (with residential students arriving on the evening of Tuesday 14th April).
This year the course dates will enable our Dean Close Boarders to attend and stay an extra night, at no extra charge, ready for the start of the new school term starting on Tuesday 21 April.
Places are available on a residential or non-residential basis and as always, we are offering this course to A Level and GCSE students.
We are open to taking bookings for our 2020 course. For further information, please visit the website: www.deanclose.org.uk/courses or contact Lydia Day by email: email@example.com or call: 01242 267431.
We extend our facilities and our expertise to all parents! Dean Close Services run weekly group Tennis lessons as an opportunity for parents to meet, socialise, improve their tennis skills, get fit and have fun.
We would like to promote the availability in the Beginner’s Group, which runs weekly in term time on Mondays, from 9am – 10am with Tom Harris. If you haven’t picked up a racket before and would like to give Tennis a try or are a little rusty and want to ease back into your game, then why not come along to the sessions!
Don’t forget we also run Cardio Tennis each Wednesday in term time, from 9am – 9.45am, which you can just come along to each week. Cardio started back on Wednesday 8th January and is taken by either Jason Poole or Tom Harris.
All sessions take place on the Shelburne courts near the School Sports Hall.
If you would like further details or would like to book onto the sessions, please contact Lydia Day on: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01242 267431.
Ultimate Activity Camps
Ultimate Activity Camps will again be running their fun and engaging holiday programmes at Dean Close School during The Easter and Summer holidays and also October half term this 2020. Ultimate Activity Camps work with some of the best independent schools in the country and have a strong reputation for quality holiday programmes.
Easter Holiday dates are: 6th – 9th April and 14th -17th April.
Summer Holiday dates are: 13th July – 21st August
October Half Term dates are: 26th – 30th October
- Days run from 8:30am until 5:15pm,
- Children aged 4-14 years,
- Book by the day or week,
- Children get Some Fresh Air Fun,
- Meet New Friends and Try New Activities!
Early Booking Offer
£174 / week saving £40 off our standard rate of £214 / week
£41 / day saving £6 per day off our standard rate of £47 / week
Book Now to take advantage of this great offer which ends 10th March *it is possible to change dates, free of charge, 14 days before your first day on camp.
See their website for full details of their activities and offers www.ultimateactivity.co.uk or call their friendly and helpful customer service team on 0330 111 7077
The Week Ahead
CLICK HERE to access the Live Website Calendar.
For those parents who are wanting to upload the School Calendar to smart phones, google calendar or similar, you are able to use the following URL:
If you have any queries or comments, please contact email@example.com.