Highlights of the Week:
- U16 Boys lost 2-0 in the National Indoor Hockey Final v Whitgift on Saturday 13 January. 2nd in the Country!
- U18 Girls finished 3rd equal in their National Indoor Hockey Finals.
- Geography lecture from Dr Hazel Morrison about her experiences working with Medicins Sans Frontiers in South Sudan.
- STEM lecture by Flight Lieutenant Kerry Bennett, contestant on the BBC Two series ‘Astronauts: Do you have what it takes?’
- Janice Ng has won through to the Finals of the2018 Gloucestershire Young Musician of the Year on Tuesday 6 March!
- Last night the Senior House Public Speaking Competition saw Freddie Scoular winning best speaker and Field House the overall Trophy. An excellent evening!
- Headmaster talking on BBC Radio Gloucester about his most recent blog.
Chapel Choir sings Evensong at St George’s Chapel, Windsor
On Wednesday 24 January at 5.15pm, the Chapel Choir have a unique opportunity to sing Evensong at St George’s Chapel, Windsor. Friends & family who wish to attend should queue at the King Henry VIII gate from where they will be ushered to the Chapel approximately 15 minutes before the Service begins. Drinks will be served after the service at The Duchess of Cambridge Pub, Thames Street, Windsor.
If you would like to join us, please email email@example.com
Classics Lecture: Thursday 25 January – All Welcome
‘Myths made new: Classical figures from antiquity to the Renaissance period and beyond’’ by DrClemenceSchultze, formerly of Durham University will be held onThursday 25Januaryat 7.30pm at Dean Close School, in the Sports Pavilion. This promises to be a very stimulating talk for anyoneinterested in art history or the cultural development of the western world. If you would like to attend, please email Mr Jonathan Allen, Head of Classics,so that we can accommodate you: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chapel Choir and Choral Society Concert, Sunday 28 January, 7pm in Chapel
Choral Society will be joined by the Chapel Choir and a professional orchestra, the Regency Sinfonia for their concert this year. Three of the soloists and several instrumentalists work in the Music Department and all parents, family and friends are very welcome to come along. The concert will finish by 9.00pm. For refreshment purposes, it would be helpful to have an idea of approximate numbers attending – emails to email@example.com, please.
About Choral Society
All Dean Close parents are welcome to join Choral Society and the current adult membership includes parents from all three Cheltenham schools as well as past parents, ex-pupils, current and past Headteachers, the Warden and some Trustees. If you are interested in singing in next year’s concert, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Parents’ Evening: Thursday 1 February, by online appointment only
This Parents’ Evening is for parents/guardians of students in Remove, 5th, Lower 6th and Upper 6th who could not or cannot make other year-group specific Parents’ Evenings during the academic year. It is being held in the Dining Hall from 7pm until 9pm on Thursday 1 February. Parents/guardians must book appointments online using the following link: https://deanclose.parentseveningsystem.co.uk/. The booking closes on Sunday 28 January.
Future Parents’ Evenings include:
- Fourth Form on Friday 9 February from 4.00-5.30pm in the Dining Hall
- Sixth Form on Thursday 23 March from 5.45-7.00pm in the Front Corridor (online appointment only) and Friday 23 March from 12noon–1.30pm in the Dining Hall
- Remove on Friday 4 May from 4.00-5.30pm in the Dining Hall.
If you have any questions or problems in making online appointments, please contact Dr Bradley at email@example.com
Rev’d Ash would like to thank those of you who have been in touch following his message regarding confirmation last week. We are now in a position to let you know that the Confirmation Service will be taken by the Bishop of Gloucester, The Right Reverend Rachel Treweek at 7.00pm on Thursday 10 May, in the Dean Close Chapel. If any others are interested in pursuing this possibility for their son or daughter, then Rev’d Ash would be delighted to hear from you.
Physio Clinic is back on! Every Tuesday and Thursday evening between 5.00pm & 8.00pm at a cost of £40. For all physio requirements please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Easter Revision Course
Dean Close School are running an Easter Revision Course from the 4 – 8 April this year and places are available for residential and non-residential. The courses take place over five days, delivering a combination of intensive subject revision sessions. One subject is selected for A Level and two subjects for GCSE. For further information, please click the link below for more information or alternatively, get in touch with Lydia Day: email@example.com. Please visit www.deanclose.org.uk/courses.
The Week Ahead
CLICK HERE to access the Live Website Calendar.
If you have any queries or comments, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.