Highlights of the Week:
- Our Catering Staff produced a veritable feast for the Chinese New Year Celebration last Saturday, which was appreciated by all who attended.
- The Lent Addresses went well and provided a fantastic opportunity for reflection, conversation and fun.
- Fridays @ 6 saw our very own Director of Choral Music, Simon Bell, giving us a first class performance on the organ to an appreciative audience in Chapel.
- U18 Girls’ Hockey team beat Kingston Grammar 5-1 to progress to the National Finals at Lee Valley in London from Wednesday 28 February to Thursday 1 March.
- The Parents’ evening on Thursday gave opportunity for purposeful discussion. Feedback on the new format to email@example.com would be much appreciated.
- The Art History Trip to London on Tuesday was inspiring.
Monday 5 February: Sports Hall Drive
Due to a large event taking place, please note that the Sports Hall driveway gates will be closed on Monday morning during the normal drop off time. Apologies in advance for any inconvenience caused.
OUT OF THE SHADOWS, Bacon Theatre
Wednesday 7 & Thursday 8 February, 7.15pm
No tickets required!
The show is an anthology and celebration of the emergence of gender equality and empowerment over the last 100 years (it is now the centenary of the Representation of the People Act, which first gave the vote to women) and, for our community, the 50th anniversary of girls at Dean Close in 1968. It is an exciting evening of songs, dances, scenes, music, poetry – all put together and directed by Ms Emma Hodgkinson from the English and Drama Departments, who has worked very hard with the girls – many of whom have not been on stage before. The evening is, in effect, a variety performance, so we hope there is something for everyone!
The performance lasts for an hour and a half, without an interval. The dress for the occasion is School Uniform. Please do come and support this show, which is suitable for all ages, and please feel free to bring friends and relatives.
We have been approached by Blue Mountains Grammar School, a co-educational Christian School in New South Wales, Australia, with regard to a possible exchange visit for six pupils. This is an exciting opportunity to experience the education and culture in a different country and we would be interested in receiving expressions of interest from any current Year 9 pupils. Please email the Headmaster’s PA Jane Bond on firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
The exchange will take place for three to four weeks in July 2019 during which time the pupils will stay with host families. The cost of the exchange programme which includes accommodation and schooling, is covered by BMGS, with the only cost to our families being flights and expenses.
Sports Team Photographs
Photographs from last term are now available to buy online:
Boys’ Rugby, Girls’ Hockey, Badminton and Equestrian teams.
Please follow the link: https://www.gsimagebank.co.uk/deanclose/
Login Token: deanclose2017
Sports Camps & Easter Revision
Tennis Camp: Tuesday 27th / Wednesday 28th / Thursday 29th March
Netball Camp: Tuesday 3rd / Wednesday 4th April
Cricket Camp: Monday 9th / Tuesday 10th / Wednesday 11th April
Tennis Camp: Wednesday 15th/ Thursday 16th / Friday 17th August
Cricket Camp: Monday 13th / Tuesday 14th August
Hockey Camp: Monday 20th / Tuesday 21st/ Wednesday 22nd / Thursday 23rd August
For more information on camp times and ages, please contact Lydia Day on: email@example.com or by phone on 01242 267431. All courses are now available to register on to: www.deanclose.org.uk/Courses
Dean Close Easter Revision Course: 4th – 8th April 2018. Please find information below. Contact Marie Carter firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
The Week Ahead
- Tuesday 6 February: Round 3 National U18 Boys’ Hockey Cup Match v King’s Bruton at 2.30pm
For those parents who are wanting to upload the School Calendar to smart phones, google calendar or similar, you are able to use the following URL:
CLICK HERE to access the Live Website Calendar.
If you have any queries or comments, please contact email@example.com.