Highlights of the Week:
- The Spring Concert audience enjoyed a varied programme including Beethoven, Quilter, Mozart, Brahms, and Schubert amongst others.
- Performances of 1984 this week stunned audiences with its chilling depiction of George Orwell’s famous novel.
- Young Entrepreneurs Competition went very well on Monday and the pupils applied themselves diligently throughout the day.
- Psychology visit to Erlestoke Prison on Monday provided great insight for our 6th Form pupils.
- U14A Boys’ Hockey reached semi-finals of the West Finals.
- We wish the U18 girls all the best at the National Hockey Finals, see the attached schedule.
Schola Cantorum Concert: Saturday 24 March
In a new venture for Schola Cantorum this year – the choir will be performing Bach St John Passion in the Abbey at 7pm on Saturday 24 March. Please do come if you can. The boys are working hard to master all the music (in German) while also preparing for their daily services. It would be lovely for them to sing to a full Nave.
Easter Revision Course
Dean Close School are running an Easter Revision Course from 4th to 8th of April this year and places are available for residential and non-residential. The courses take place over five days, delivering a combination of intensive subject revision sessions. One subject is selected for A Level and two subjects for GCSE. For further information, please click the link below for more information or alternatively, get in touch with Lydia Day: email@example.com. Please visit www.deanclose.org.uk/courses.
Easter Sports Camps
The Easter Sports are now available for booking online. Do take a look at the details below for further information:
School Shop News
Please see the attached note for latest offers and items from the School Shop.
The Week Ahead
For those parents who are wanting to upload the School Calendar to smart phones, google calendar or similar, you are able to use the following URL:
CLICK HERE to access the Live Website Calendar. We have now opened up the Live Calendar for the Trinity Term.
If you have any queries or comments, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.