Highlights of the Week:
- The skilled cast of Blackadder Goes Forth provided a very good giggle for the appreciative audiences this week.
- Lower 6th Tudor Historians enjoyed a trip to Gloucester Cathedral.
- The 5th Form Latinists had a fascinating trip to the Roman Baths in Bath.
- Preliminary rounds of the Senior and Junior House Quiz Competition have taken place, and were keenly contested.
- CU have set off for their getaway in Devon.
- Our Equestrian team are in action this weekend at the NSEA National Championships.
Boarders return after Half Term from 6.00pm on Sunday 4 November
SUNDAY 4 November
FIREWORKS AND FIREWALK
On Sunday 4 November we will once again be having our biennial Fireworks display on Big Field, which coincides with all the Boarders coming back after half term. The Leiths Cooking School will be selling hotdogs and there will be a few other stalls selling mulled wine, teas and coffees etc.
Sign up to do the Firewalk in aid of Charity Blue Skye Thinking. Anyone within the DC Community is invited to take part, provided they are a minimum of 18yrs old (17yrs with parental permission). We are challenging mums & sons, dads & daughters, mums & daughters, dads & sons or any other combinations to give it a go! More info can be viewed via the hyperlink above and the video below:
TREE OF REMEMBRANCE: Monday 5 – Sunday 11 November
In week 8, as part of our programme of events that mark the centenary of Armistice Day, the entire school community will be invited to visit the BonBernard gallery and write a message of remembrance on a colourful paper leaf and attach it to the tree.
Messages can be names, dedications, mementos, poetry, statements of hope, wishes for peace etc. They can be personal, community based or world at large but should be related to conflict in some way. Please do feel free to pop in and place a leaf on the tree.
Parents’ Society: Burns Night Supper
The Dean Close Parents’ Society invite you to join us for an evening of merriment at this exciting addition to our social calendar.
Easter Revision Courses
Please see below for details of the Easter Revision Courses:
The Week Ahead
CLICK HERE to access the Live Website Calendar.
If you have any queries or comments, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.