Half Term Highlights
- D of E Gold Training Expedition
- Hub Staycation
- National Hockey Selection confirmed for 5 Dean Close pupils
- National Equestrian Qualification from our Show Jumping, Dressage and Eventing teams
- International Show jumping Representation: Year 9 pupil Sophie, has been out in Portugal competing in the Champions Tour
Highlights of the Week
- Service of Remembrance on Wednesday 11 November brought the whole school together for the first time since March. Do take the time to follow the link to see more images and a poignant poem read so beautifully by a member of one of our many forces families.
- The Leiths Canape Presentation highlighted the skills and dedication of our budding Chefs.
- The 5th & 6th Form Music Scholars’ Concert showcased our extraordinarily talented and hardworking pupils.
Fifth Form Parents’ Meeting
Thursday 26 November, 5.00 – 7.00 pm
All Parents’ Meetings will be conducted via video calls using the Parents’ Evening System https://deanclose.schoolcloud.co.uk The instructions for booking and making video appointments are attached above.
The Fifth Form Parents’ Meeting is on Thursday 26 November from 5-7 pm. Each parent/guardian can book up to ten 5-minute appointments with subject teachers, a tutor and a Housemaster. Please note that parents need to attend a meeting from one device (smartphone or laptop).
The booking for appointments opens at 8.30am on Monday 16 November and closes at 6pm on Wednesday 25 November.
If you have any problems logging in or making appointments, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remote Learning Guidance
If you find yourself remote learning, please find links to two videos which provide advice and guidance for pupils learning online:
- ‘How to get the most out of remote learning in live lessons’: https://web.microsoftstream.com/video/7b0df408-1cf3-4d21-9a3d-d83c8d998308
- ‘How to get the most out of remote learning when you’re not in a live lesson’: https://web.microsoftstream.com/video/4b30a073-f21e-4f63-b106-ce3c62da9b19
Pupils are reminded to follow their school timetable each day and to keep in regular contact with their teachers. A combination of live lessons and independent work will be available for pupils to access for each subject on Microsoft Teams. For further assistance please refer to the email from Mr Fitzgerald.
Cheltenham Educational Partnership
Camera’s at the ready! Let’s get creative! Cheltenham Education Partnership are offering you the opportunity to take part in a competition to showcase your photography talent on their website, launching in January 2021.
In addition to seeing your photography on public display, the winner will receive an Amazon gift voucher worth £75. Two lucky runners-up will receive Amazon gift vouchers worth £40 each. The competition theme is:
‘Cheltenham through the eyes of a teenager’
Submit your entries with your name and contact details by Wednesday 9 December 2020 to email@example.com and copy in Mrs Evans in the Art Department.
Terms and conditions: up to 3x images can be submitted per participant; prizes are awarded per participant; images must be emailed in high resolution jpeg format to ensure the quality is suitable for display on the website; photos of people’s faces must not be included for safeguarding purposes; offensive or inappropriate photography will not be accepted.
Please see the attached letter for further details about the service being provided in School on Monday 16 November. Please read the accompanying Fact Sheet and complete the Consent Form if you would like to make use of this Service. If you would like to discuss this in more detail, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and they will be able to assist with your query.
The shop hours for the month of November are Monday to Friday 9-5pm.
Parents can call 01242 258000 or email email@example.com, if they are unable to visit at these times and we will be happy to assist.
Apologies for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.
The Week Ahead
CLICK HERE to access the Live Website Calendar.
If you have any queries or comments, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.