Highlights of the Week
- Last Friday’s Advent Music Concert was beautifully choreographed, and was a wonderfully entertaining treat for the appreciative audience.
- The Chapel Choir leading the 9 Lessons and Carols Community Service.
- The candle lit Carol Service and School Christmas Dinner.
- The U15B and 2nd XV Rugby teams completing their unbeaten seasons.
- Tuesday’s Boarders’ Christmas Party which saw the Dining Hall transformed into a German Food Market complete with a magnificent gingerbread house made by our wonderful pastry chefs.
- The House Quiz Finals took place this morning and were hotly contested.
The Fourth Form will be thinking through their GCSE choices over the first half of next term, particularly in tutorial times, with final decisions being made just after the half term holiday. There is a meeting on Monday 6 January at 6.30pm in the Bacon Theatre, to which you are warmly invited. This meeting will outline what the choices are and how the process works. We hope to see many of you there, but in the eventuality of you not being able to attend, this is a brief overview:
- All pupils study English, Maths and Science.
- The vast majority study a Modern Language.
- Beyond these compulsory subjects, pupils choose four more, from a wide range of subjects, including two which are not studied in the Fourth Form, namely Business and Economics.
The “GCSE Studies” booklet, which outlines all the GCSE courses, including the compulsory subjects is online, on the school website, at the following address: https://www.deanclose.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/DC-SENIOR-GCSE-Studies-2020-22.pdf
You are invited to join us at this exciting Private View being held at Dean Close School on 17 January 2020.
It will feature the work of Head of Art, Caroline Evans.
For the full story click here: https://www.deanclose.org.uk/serendipity-by-caroline-evans/
SHOP OPENING – BEGINNING OF LENT TERM
The School Shop will be open on Monday 6 January from 10am – 6pm and thereafter during normal term time opening:
Mon & Fri: 8am – 4pm
Tues, Wed & Thurs: 9.30am – 6.00pm
Sat: 10am – 3pm
Hockey sticks, shin guards and mouth guards all available, as well as warm sports kit – baselayer leggings and tops, midlayers and bobble hats, new DC Chilly bottles for warm drinks (or cold).
SHOP TEL NO: 01242 258016
Please contact schoolblazer direct, and see below for further details:
CHRISTMAS HOCKEY CAMP 2019
This December, we are running a Christmas Hockey Camp here at Dean Close and as always, it is open to all girls and boys.
Wednesday 18 December
Thursday 19 December
Friday 20 December
Ages and times:
7-11 yrs: 9.00am – 12 noon
12+ yrs: 1.00pm – 4.00pm
Easter Revision Course 2020
Our ERC 2020 dates are: Wednesday 15 April – Sunday 19 April (with residential students arriving on the evening of Tuesday 14th April).
This year the course dates will enable our Dean Close Boarders to attend and stay an extra night, at no extra charge, ready for the start of the new school term starting on Tuesday 21 April.
Places are available on a residential or non-residential basis and as always, we are offering this course to A Level and GCSE students.
We are open to taking bookings for our 2020 course. For further information, please visit the website: www.deanclose.org.uk/courses or contact Lydia Day by email: email@example.com or call: 01242 267431.
Ultimate Activity Camps
Ultimate Activity Camps are really looking forward to running their fantastic Camps at Dean Close Prep School during the Easter and Summer holidays of 2020. As a thank you to their existing parents and host schools we have an Ultimate Offer running from 10th December – 5th January so please book online as soon as possible to take advantage of the festive spirit! www.ultimateactivity.co.uk.
Bookings can be changed free of charge up to 14 days before your first day of attendance & places on this offer are limited. See online for terms and conditions.
The Week Ahead
CLICK HERE to access the Live Website Calendar.
For those parents who are wanting to upload the School Calendar to smart phones, google calendar or similar, you are able to use the following URL:
If you have any queries or comments, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.