Highlights of the Week:
- The Christmas Charity Fair hosted by Shelburne in aid of the Pied Piper Appeal on Thursday gave everyone the opportunity to get some early Christmas shopping done.
- The Leiths Canape Party saw another of the classes delight their guests with a wonderfully festive menu and in so doing fulfilled one of the criteria for the course.
- Modern Foreign Languages debate at CLC on Wednesday.
- Senior Mathematics Challenge took place and we look forward to receiving the results.
- U6th A level artists have been engaged with their mock exams and have been producing some inspired work.
- We would like to wish all the Oxbridge interviewees everything of the best for their interviews next week. 13 out of the 14 applicants achieved an interview this year!
In January, we would like all our 5th Form pupils to take the Morrisby Online Careers Test, to have access to personally tailored suggestions, plus a wealth of careers related resources, to help their decision making. We use Morrisby to help with A-Level options, leaver choices, possible work experience, and, of course, general careers areas. Please see the letter above for more details and how to ensure access to these benefits.
CHRISTMAS JUMPER DAY
Friday 7 December
As we did last year, it will have a twist! We would like the pupils to bring in any produce e.g. tinned food, biscuits, crisps etc., which will be donated to the CCP Hamper Scamper, and/or toiletries such as packs of razors, deodorants, soap, toothbrushes, toothpaste and sleeping bags which will be donated to Cheltenham Open Door.
We will also be collecting any toys, new or nearly new, which will be given to Pied Piper Appeal to sell in their Hospital Shop.
The pupils will need to bring these items in on Thursday 6 December, and they will then be given a ticket to hand in on Friday to wear their Christmas Jumper and Mufti! No Donation….No Mufti! For further information please see the attached notice!
TIER 4 VISA FRAUD
We have received the attached notice from the UKVI which has uncovered some reports of fraud attached to the visa application process. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions in this regard.
As part of the #WakeUpWednesday campaign, the National Online Safety Team have created a free online safety guide for schools to share with parents and carers about Twitch; an online gaming-focused live streaming service, owned by Amazon, which has over 15 million daily active users. Please read more HERE!
Parents’ Society: Burns Night Supper – BOOK NOW
The Dean Close Parents’ Society invite you to join us for an evening of merriment at this exciting addition to our social calendar at the end of January 2019.
FRENCH, SPANISH & GERMAN GCSE REVISION GUIDE
The Modern Languages Department has ordered a revision guide and revision workbook for all the pupils taking a GCSE this summer.
- The revision workbooks are not suited to being re-issued, and as such we will be charging the cost price £2.49 to next term’s bill.
- The revision guides will be only be charged at a cost price of £2.45 if they are not returnedin a reusable condition in June.
The combined price of these books represents excellent value, given that they have a combined retail price of £11.88.
If you do not want a copy of the revision workbook for your son or daughter, please email Mr Sumner on firstname.lastname@example.org and the charge will be removed.
Please be aware that revision guides from previous years, which pupils’ siblings may have used, will not be as useful, as all Modern Languages GCSE syllabuses have changed to 9-1 grading and include extra content and different assessment demands.
BOOKING FOR MY FAIR LADY, SCHOOL MUSICAL, 6th, 7th & 8th DECEMBER 2018
Last Chance: Booking is open for this year’s School Musical and tickets have been selling fast. To book your tickets please go online to the Bacon Theatre. Do please book promptly to avoid disappointment. Only a few tickets remaining!
Please see the attached notice for Christmas gift ideas.
Lent Term 2019
Term Starts – Tuesday 8 January
Term Ends – Friday 29 March (12 noon)
Monday 7 January (Boarders return, 6.00pm)
Start of Term: Tuesday 8 January
Exeat: Saturday 26 January – Sunday 27 January
Half Term: Friday 15 February, 4.00pm – Sunday 24 February (Boarders return, 6.00pm)
Monday 25 February – 2nd Half of Term Begins
Exeat: Saturday 9 March – Sunday 10 March
End of Term: Friday 29 March, 12 noon
The Week Ahead
CLICK HERE to access the Live Website Calendar.
If you have any queries or comments, please contact email@example.com.