Highlights of the Week
- The House Singing Competition on Saturday night saw Shelburne take home the trophy. It was great to see every member of the school participating.
- On Monday 23 September we hosted more than 100 young children who engaged in our Sports Skills Day.
- Community Service and Field Day on Tuesday 24 September gave pupils an opportunity to engage in activities outside of the Normal programme.
- Well done to Brook Court who won the Royal Logistics Corps Interhouse Trophy on Field Day.
- Drama pupils attended the National Theatre Live production of ‘One Man Two Guvners’ in our Bacon Theatre on Thursday.
- The Girls’ 1st XI had a very good 4-1 win in the National League Match against Marlborough College, which included a hat-trick from Ellie Clarke.
- On Thursday, we celebrated the European Day of Languages with a range of international foods on the lunch menu.
Letter from the Headmaster: Hosting of Parties
Article by the Warden: Is it Right to Integrate Private Schools into the State Sector?
Classics Trip to Greece
The Classics Department is delighted to launch our biennial trip, where this year we will have the opportunity to explore many historical sites in mainland Greece during the first week of the Easter holidays. Please read the information letter and return all deposits before Friday 4th October. Any queries, please email Francesca Stewart on email@example.com.
Auction of Promises
You are all are invited to join us at an Auction of Promises. There will be a reception with canapés prepared and served by our Lower Sixth Leiths group.
All proceeds from ticket sales and from the Auction will go to the Julie Kent Foundation Award for a transformational bursary.
Boarders’ Trip to Oxford
Sunday 6 October
Parents are asked to remind their sons and daughters that, when they are crossing Shelburne Road and the Lansdown Road in particular, they should cross at the pedestrian crossings. One of our girls was involved in a nasty accident a few years ago and we had a near miss this week. Thank you for your assistance with this!
The Old Decanian news, the Flecker, is now available online. To view please click here.
18 to 20 December 2019
We are offering an EARLY BIRD discount of 10% if you book your son/daughter onto the camp for the full 3 days only. Early bird discount will end on Monday 5th November. There is no discount code needed, it is already calculated in the overall price for 3 days.
If you want to include a sibling discount to your booking, you can work this out against the number of sessions you want to pay for. Sibling discount is 10% offset against child 1. For this, please select the ‘other discount’ option on the form and enter manually below. www.deanclose.org.uk/courses
October Half Term
Ultimate Activity Camps are back this October half term and will be running their fantastic camps here at Dean Close, from Monday 28 October to Friday 1 November.
- Days run from 8:30am until 5:15pm* (Extended Day Pass for an extra £5 covers 8am-6pm)
- For children aged 4-14 years
- Book by the day or week
- The Early Booking Rate of £41/day or £179/week will run until Tuesday 1st October so please Book Early!
- Children get some Fresh Air, Fun, Meet New Friends and Try New Activities!
To sign up and use the early bird discount, please visit the website www.ultimateactivity.co.uk to book online or call 0330 111 7077 to speak to their helpful customer service team.
The Week Ahead
CLICK HERE to access the Live Website Calendar.
For those parents who are wanting to upload the School Calendar to smart phones, google calendar or similar, you are able to use the following URL:
If you have any queries or comments, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.