Highlights of the Week:
- House Singing Competition was as competitive as ever with some superb performances from the Houses in their Unison songs, and some very clever and skilful arrangements in the part songs.
- The Orchestral Day on Tuesday saw over a hundred pupils from a variety of schools receiving tuition and playing on stage in a concert alongside the Carducci Quartet and the Senior Orchestra.
- Fridays @ 6 Recital with Irina Krasotina was spell-bounding as she played with such elegance and grace.
- Masterclass for pianists with Irina Krasotina was inspiring.
- The taking of the Whole School Photograph went smoothly.
- The Junior Critical Essay Dinner took place last night, where Evie Sharp was announced as winner with her title ‘Intolerance will be the downfall of humanity’.
- The New Pupils’ Music concert saw our new 4th Form pupils entertaining with a range of vocals and instruments. Signs of an exciting future in the Music School.
Social Media Safety
Periodically the school receives information from different sources about internet and social media safety. The attached documents are designed for parents to help you keep your child safe online.
BOOKING FOR MY FAIR LADY, SCHOOL MUSICAL, 6th, 7th & 8th DECEMBER 2018
Booking is now open for this year’s School Musical. To book your tickets please go online to the Bacon Theatre. Please book promptly to avoid disappointment.
Our next Open Morning is on Saturday 13 October 2018 and we invite existing and prospective parents to come along.
Parent Meeting Dates 2018/19
Please find below a list of the meeting dates for the rest of the academic year. Pupils are encouraged to attend the parent meetings along with their parents and guardians, uniform must be worn.
Friday 19 October: Upper 6th Parents’ Meeting, Dining Hall, 12.00–1.30pm
Friday 23 November: 5th Form Information Talk, Bacon Theatre, 3.15–4.00pm
Friday 23 November: 5th Form Parents’ Meeting, Dining Hall, 4.00–5.30pm
Friday 25 January: Remove Parents’ Meeting, Venue tbc, 4.00–5.30pm
Friday 15 February: 4th Form Parents’ Meeting, Dining Hall, 4.00–5.30pm
Thursday 28 March: U6th & L6th Parents’ Meeting (by appointment only), Front Corridor, 5.45–7.15pm
Friday 29 March: L6th UCAS Meeting, Bacon Theatre, 12.00–12.30pm
Friday 29 March: U6th & L6th Parents’ Meeting, Dining Hall, 12.00–1.30pm
Fridays @ 6
You are warmly invited to come to the ‘Fridays @ 6’ recital in the PMH this week when Sylvia Klemz will be singing a collection of songs by Faure, Parry, Warlock, R Strauss and Rachmaninov, accompanied by Helen Porter.
James Shone: ‘I Can I Am’
Wednesday 10 October 2019 at 7.00pm, in the Pavilion on Big Field with refreshments available from 6.30pm.
The Headmaster warmly invites you to a talk by inspirational speaker and Founder of ‘I Can I Am’. James was appointed as a headmaster in 2012. During a medical assessment, a brain tumour was discovered. Over the coming months James underwent two massive operations spending eleven weeks in hospital.
The operations ultimately saved his life, but took away most of his sight. James had to relinquish a dream job, undergo radiotherapy and set off on his future with no job, no sight and diminished hope. James’ story is one of determination, courage and positivity.
James is a friend of Dean Close School and an inspiring speaker who we would warmly recommend to you. If you would be interested in joining other members of the Parents’ Society for what is set to be an excellent evening, could I ask you to please contact the Headmaster’s PA Jane Bond (email@example.com) for catering purposes.
FIREWORKS AND FIREWALK
On Sunday 4 November we will once again be having our biennial Fireworks display on Big Field. The Leiths Cooking School will be selling hotdogs and there will be a few other stalls selling mulled wine, teas and coffees etc. This year we are also hosting a Firewalk in aid of Charity Blue Skye Thinking.
The Week Ahead
CLICK HERE to access the Live Website Calendar.
If you have any queries or comments, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.