Highlights of the Week
- Monday’s Chapel focused on inclusivity and a transcript of the talk can be found HERE.
- Wednesday’s Chapel included a conversation / interview with two members of our International Committee, Hayun Lee and Feyi Michael-Idowu. They expressed themselves brilliantly!
- Tuesday saw us celebrating our very own International Day, organised entirely by our International Committee, including decorating the Dining Hall and liaison with the Catering department who prepared a range of different dishes during the day to celebrate our multi-cultural community.
- The inaugural Drama Department Recital took place on Thursday lunchtime and included a range of performers including a wonderfully entertaining improvised Commedia dell’Arte piece by the Lower 6th Theatre Studies set.
- The U14 Girls’ Hockey team was crowned County Champions on Monday following very good wins against Cheltenham Ladies’ College (3-0) and Cheltenham College (5-0).
- Tower House welcomed Beth Johnsson of Reverse Rett as their guest speaker at their House Assembly on Tuesday. This came on the back of Upper 6th Sam Basham completing the Cheltenham Half Marathon last Sunday on their behalf.
- The 6th Form Geographers attended a fascinating lecture at Cheltenham College on Wednesday evening by Professor Lewis Dartnell, on his book ‘Origins’. How the Earth made us.
- 5th Form Latinists enjoyed a day trip to the best preserved Roman villa in the country at Chedworth, and a visit to the most impressive Roman baths complex in Northern Europe at Bath.
- It was great to welcome Kevin Pietersen to the School this week to launch his new Global Cricket Academy at Dean Close School.
Boarders’ Trip to Notgrove
Exeat Weekend 22-24 November
GCSE Presentation & Pastoral Briefing
There is a GCSE information presentation for all 4th Form parents on Monday 6 January, starting at 6.30pm in the Bacon Theatre. It will be followed by a pastoral briefing from Jacquie Davies, Deputy Head (Pastoral).
Auction of Promises
You are all are invited to join us at an Auction of Promises. There will be a reception with canapés prepared and served by our Lower Sixth Leiths group.
All proceeds from ticket sales and from the Auction will go to the Julie Kent Foundation Award for a transformational bursary.
Junior Drama Production
THERE WILL BE A MEETING For all those interested in being in or involved with a big junior production of OUR TOWN on MONDAY 7 October at BREAK time in the DRAMA STUDIO. Whether you would like to be in the cast or work backstage, please come along!
Our Town is a famous American play about a small town and the important things in life.
There are lots of parts and it is a hugely enjoyable piece.
18 to 20 December 2019
We are offering an EARLY BIRD discount of 10% if you book your son/daughter onto the camp for the full 3 days only. Early bird discount will end on Monday 5th November. There is no discount code needed, it is already calculated in the overall price for 3 days.
If you want to include a sibling discount to your booking, you can work this out against the number of sessions you want to pay for. Sibling discount is 10% offset against child 1. For this, please select the ‘other discount’ option on the form and enter manually below. www.deanclose.org.uk/courses
Kevin Pietersen Global Cricket Academy
We are delighted to announce that the Kevin Pietersen Cricket Academy will be running out of the Dean Close Sports Hall on a Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday. Please see below for further details.
Jaime Jorge in Concert
Saturday 19 October
Please see the flyer below for further details. Bookings can be made through Eventbrite.
The Week Ahead
CLICK HERE to access the Live Website Calendar.
For those parents who are wanting to upload the School Calendar to smart phones, google calendar or similar, you are able to use the following URL:
If you have any queries or comments, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.