This is a quick update, to give you an idea of what we have been doing as a School since we were asked to shut our doors to the majority of our pupils on Monday 23rd March due to Covid-19.
We have been extending Dean Close into homes all around the world by preparing and delivering lessons from Cheltenham and sending them out to pupils wherever they live.
The Headmaster of Dean Close School, Bradley Salisbury, explains more here.
- The DeanClose@Home portal has allowed us to continue to teach all our pupils in virtual classrooms right up to the end of term and a programme of teaching for the Trinity term has already been planned.
- Tutors have been in contact with all of their Tutees weekly to make sure that every child is visible during online working.
- The Bursar has been in contact with all parents explaining the new fee structure for the Trinity term.
- The Dean Close Foundation Leadership Team have spent a significant amount of time working on financial planning and have made use of the government employment retention scheme to ‘furlough’ employees where appropriate.
- Schools and nurseries have been kept open for the children of key workers, both in term time and during the Easter holidays.
- Activity packs for babies, toddlers and pre-school children have been shared with the Community.
- The nurseries have been focusing on supporting their local communities, they have been sending their artwork to care homes and hospitals to brighten up their walls.
- Mr Evans (Head of Design & Technology) and team have been utilising the laser cutting tools at Dean Close to make COVID-19 Anti Droplet Visors ready for distribution to our primary and secondary care workers.
“Well done to the fantastic staff at Dean Close who are keeping in close contact this week with pupils online and maintaining their motivation with a really engaging online learning platform”
Charlotte Billington (Parent)
To see a few of the Community resources Dean Close have made available, click below on ‘Dean Close Chaplaincy’ for podcasts from the Chaplaincy team, ‘Music’ for a Spotify playlist from Mrs Allen, ‘Children’s Activities’ for a library of activity packs to entertain pre-school children and there are even some workouts from our sports department that you might enjoy, visit our YouTube channel and click on the DeanClose@Home playlist.