Teenagers are wired for adventure, adrenaline and challenge – our Adventure Department is built for them.
Mountain biking, paddle sports, mountain adventures, rock climbing, bush craft, slacklining orienteering
Adventures start on school grounds:
· ‘Bike Park DC’ for the mountain bikers
· the climbing wall and bouldering facility
· the swimming pool for the kayakers, paddleboarders and canoeists
· The brook for bushcraft, hammocks and slacklining
As technical skill develops, we make the most of our local area:
· The mountain bikers hit the Forest of Dean, Cleeve Hill, Leckhampton, 417 Bike Park and Cranham Woods. Some of the best mountain biking in the UK is on our doorstep
· Climbers can find the pump at The Warehouse in Gloucester, Boulders in Cheltenham and on real rock in the Wye Valley and on Cleeve Hill
· Paddlers learn their game at Croft Farm, The Cotswold Water Park, the River Avon, the River Wye and Cardiff International White Water Centre
· Adventures on foot can happen in the Cotswolds, the Wye Valley, Black Mountains, Brecon Beacons, Snowdonia and further afield. Escape the pressure and breath the mountain air
All this skill development prepares our students for big adventures. Mike Beecham, our Head of Adventure has experience leading expeditions trekking, paddling, biking and volunteering in the South American Andes and Amazon, Canadian Rockies, East and West Africa, Nepal, the Alps and Artic Norway.
Students can bring their adventure ideas to us and we’ll work to bring them to life.
Yet all experience is an arch wherethrough Gleams that untraveled world whose margin fades Forever and forever when I move. How dull it is to pause, to make an end, To rust unburnished, not to shine in use! As though to breathe were life! Alfred Lord Tennyson