BEN PRICE (Housemaster of Dale)
I am a competitive runner and cyclist who specialises in duathlon (run – bike – run), representing Great Britain at elite level. I am also a husband, father (2 young children), Geography teacher and day housemaster, so unlike the professionals and full timers that I race against, I am dealing with a challenging work/life/training balance! Press coverage has usually included reference to my work at Dean Close.
In short, I am seeking some financial support for some of my races in 2019 in return for some media exposure.
- 8th in the Elite European Middle Distance Duathlon Champs (Denmark)
- 4th in the Elite race at Powerman Spain (middle distance duathlon)
- Cheltenham Half Marathon winner (2nd year in a row)
- 5k PB this summer of 15.01
- Multiple wins in domestic duathlons/running races
Aims for 2019:
To compete in three major European races including the European Elite Duathlon Champs in Denmark. The podium is the target for this one! My athletic career has definitely not yet peaked!
The cost of race entry, travel and accommodation for these overseas races – despite cheap short haul flights – soon adds up and prohibits me from accessing the big elite races that I would like to do whilst I still can! Preparation for these races requires taking part in domestic races which again has a cost.
What I am hoping for from sponsors:
Money towards my travel expenses for these European races and other big races in the UK
What I can offer in return:
Exposure of your brand through logos on my kit and mentions in the following:
- My weekly blog on TriRadar (online triathlon magazine) e.g. https://www.triradar.com/blog/ben-price-resilience/
- Regular posts on Instagram and Twitter – I have over 1.3k followers on Instagram and it’s steadily growing (@benpriceduathlon) or see https://www.instagram.com/benpriceduathlon/?hl=en
- Exposure in the newspapers and online media after races
- Retweets/reposts of the above on the brands website/social media accounts
I am writing in the hope that you might consider giving me some support. Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to discuss it further.