- The 4th Form have had a busy week learning about sustainability at Forest Green Rovers Football Club, learning new skills and engaging in cultural dance.
- The Bronze D of E group have been walking around the Cotswolds, completing their D of E Expedition Assessment.
- The Remove had a fantastic week away in Shropshire on the CCF Camp, putting their skills to the test in the range, out in the field and on the water.
- A number of our 5th Form signed up for Skills Week, and many of those came away with new qualifications including Barista certificates, and we were delighted that all our Pool Lifeguard participants passed their exam, which is a stringent week long course.
- The Lower 6th have been engaged in our Futures Week programme learning more about CV writing, the application process to University and Colleges, University Open Day visits, as well as a talk about the advantages of going down the apprenticeship route.
- Cricket week saw James Hunt score a superb century for the 1st XI in his final game for the school.
- The Valedictory Concert for our Music Leavers witnessed our Upper 6th Musicians in concert for the last time, and as ever provided the audience with a wonderful musical treat.
- The Leavers’ Service and Ball on Tuesday provided our final opportunity to wish our Upper 6th farewell and our blessing for the future.
- Thank you for all your support during the year, whether it has been on the side of the sports field, at parents’ meetings, music and drama performances, and in so many other areas. We have really valued and appreciated your support and feedback.
Please note that we have adjusted our Exeat Dates in May 2020 to align with the Government’s decision to move the National Bank Holiday from Monday 4 May to Friday 8 May.
Start of the New Academic Year
New Overseas Boarders: Friday 30 August 2019
Boarders Return: Monday 2 September 2019 from 6.00pm
Start of Term: Tuesday 3 September 2019
The exam results and certificates will be available from School on the following dates:
A Level on Thursday 15 August from 9.00-11.00am (Collect from the Pavilion)
GCSE on Thursday 22 August from 9.00-11.00am (Collect from the Front Office)
Please Note: All results will be emailed directly to the pupils on their school email addresses.
The recent group photographs, including the Leavers, sports teams and the Dale House group are online and available to order at the below site.
Summer Hockey Camp
Please see below details for this year’s Hockey Camp taking place between Monday 19 and Thursday 22 August.
Pre-season Hockey and Rugby
Please see the attached programme for details of the pre-season Hockey and Rugby sessions which are planned in preparation for the new term. If you have any queries, please contact Director of Sport, Mr Greg Baber-Williams on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dean Close Choral Society
The Society is recruiting adult singers now! The Choral Society is open to everyone – parents past, present and future; staff, past and present; governors; Old Decanians – indeed, anyone connected or unconnected with the Schools. There are no auditions, although being able to sing and read music is highly desirable, as well as availability to rehearse on Tuesdays for an hour from 7.00pm.
There will be eight rehearsals to learn Puccini’s Messa di Gloria starting on Tuesday 5th November and continuing until 26th November and then, after a pause for Christmas, they will resume on 14th January for the remaining four rehearsals. Our concert is in the Pittville Pump Room on Sunday 9th February, when Choral Society will take part in the Spring Concert. Rehearsals are in the Music Department’s Prince Michael Hall.
Please come to along on 5th November if you would like to sing. We are in particular need of sopranos and tenors, but all singers will be most welcome. If you are intending to come along, please do let Sylvia Klemz – email@example.com – know so that there are enough copies available.
The Chaplaincy, in conjunction with other youth groups in Cheltenham, are organising a trip to Reboot LONDON 2019. This is an interactive day for 12-18 year olds to ask their big questions about God, Christianity, faith, life and more on Saturday 21 September. For more information please see the attached letter from the Chaplain.
News from the School Shop
Please see the attached document with information from the School Shop.
Ultimate Activity Camps
Ultimate Activity Camps will be back this Summer, using our fantastic facilities for their fun filled and active camps. The dates this year are Monday 22 July – Friday 23 August.
Children will be inspired to try new activities, make new friends and ultimately have lots of fun in a safe environment.
UAC are running a ‘Summer Saver Offer’ which ends on 11th June, so please visit the website www.ultimateactivity.co.uk to book online or call 0330 111 7077 to speak to the helpful customer service team.
The Week Ahead
CLICK HERE to access the Live Website Calendar with all of the events for next term.
Do to the busy and dynamic nature of the school, there are sometimes inevitable changes to our calendar. Do please refer to this online version, for the most up to date information.
If you have any queries or comments, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.